Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Time + 6 hours

Hi,

I have log files that show US server time (-6) so I need to add 6 hours to the time column in my table.

I have  a "Tijd VS" column that shows the date and time (e.g. 31-8-2018 0:00:00 --> A date/time column in Power BI)

I tried to add a new measure --> Tijd = 'EZproxy log'[Tijd VS]+ TIME(06;00;00)

But I got the error: A single value for column 'Tijd VS' in table 'EZproxy log' cannot be determined. This can happen when a measure formula refers to a column that contains many values without specifying an aggregation such as min, max, count, or sum to get a single result.

Does it go wrong because I have a date/time column? I also tried the same formula with my date/time column separated in a date and a time column. In that case the +6 hours work but Power BI adds a date to it (e.g. 30-12-1899 6:00:00) which is also not correct.

What am I doing wrong? And how can I fix it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Why not add the column in Query Editor instead of in DAX?

Add Custom Column:

[TimeColumn] + #duration(0,6,0,0)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
vishnurk
Frequent Visitor

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Get this error when I try it as new measure.

So no, doens't work.

The syntax for '.1' is incorrect. (DAX(FORMAT('EZproxy log'[Tijd VS],"MM/dd/YYYY") & " " & REPLACE(FORMAT('EZproxy log'[Tijd VS],"HH:mm:ss").1.2,HOUR('EZproxy log'[Tijd VS])+6))).

Time.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Baskar

It does work if you replace the , by  ;

However it also introduces a new problem. 

If I want to change anything in an existing column via edit queries I get an error back that there are more columns than expected.

Why not add the column in Query Editor instead of in DAX?

Add Custom Column:

[TimeColumn] + #duration(0,6,0,0)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for the help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Baskar,

I used Tijd = 'EZproxy log'[Tijd_VS] + TIME(6,0,0) as a new column and got this error: The syntax for '.0' is incorrect. (DAX('EZproxy log'[Tijd_VS] + TIME(6.0.0))).

Hi @Anonymous,

You could try this formula:

Measure = CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Tijd VS]))+6/24

Result:

1.PNG

You could also download the pbix fiel to have a view.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Could you use it as a calculated column instead of measure,like below

format.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @vishnurk,

I added a calculated column with: Tijd = FORMAT('EZproxy log'[Tijd_VS];"MM/dd/YYYY") & "  " & REPLACE(FORMAT('EZproxy log'[Tijd_VS];"HH:mm:ss"),1,2;HOUR('EZproxy log'[Tijd_VS])+6)

And got this error: The syntax for '.1' is incorrect. (DAX(FORMAT('EZproxy log'[Tijd_VS],"MM/dd/YYYY") & " " & REPLACE(FORMAT('EZproxy log'[Tijd_VS],"HH:mm:ss").1.2,HOUR('EZproxy log'[Tijd_VS])+6))).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.