Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shawne
Resolver I
Resolver I

Tiles will not resize or move after using Import from excel in new Feb update....bug?

Once an imprt form excel is completed tiles cannot be resized or moved in the new update.  I imported a data model built in excel and have the most current update on my machine for PBI desktop.  Please advise! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

April update resolved this issue!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
literaxx

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue. I'm using the March update 2.44.4675.422 64-bit.

@literaxx same here....march update has the same bug. I have found that it can be corrected without saving and reopening by stacking fields to create a hierarchy in your field list.

April update resolved this issue!

shawne
Resolver I
Resolver I

Running the most current available update.  After import is complete and the model is created when fields are added to the report the visualizations do not have resize functionality of rmoving functionality.  

shawne
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is there a better location to post this ?  Hoping to see if others have similar issues or if this is a known bug?

Hi @shawne,

Can you share some detail contents? I test on 2.43.4647.541 64-bit (February 2017) and hasn't faced your issue.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft thanks for your reply....see below for more details.....

Version: 2.43.4647.541 64-bit (February, 2017) is the version I am running.  I build the data model in excel and then import > Contents from workbook in  PBI desktop.  

the model successfully imports and then I drop in a field to the page and the tile is unable to be moved or resized with mouse controls.  Formatting controls work but not mouse.   See the last screen shot - the resize corners and sides do not illuminate, and when clicking into th etile nothing happens, drag tile is not available.....

I have tried this on multiple workbooks to the same result.....

PBI.jpgpbi2.JPGpbi3.JPG

I find if I save the file and then reopen the functionality returns, but immediately after import it does not work. 

Hi @shawne,

Have you try to import another workbooks? I think this issue may related to your workbook.

I try to follow your steps and test with power bi sample workbooks, these tiles and visuals can resized, below are sample files which I tested.

Sample file

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft  I did test on 4-5 different models tot he same result?  The save and reopen works, so I will live with that.  Still curious why it is happeneing though.  Thanks for your time to try and help! 

Hi @shawne,

Can you please provide the reproduce sample file? I will check it.

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.