Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chrisR

Tiles not responding correctly to custom API

Hi There,

Currently I have used the card tile online and was a complete success via custom rest api, but other tiles are not working so well.

The line chart will not create points via the custom user rest API but as reported above works fine on card for an update per second.

So I then tried Gauge and the numeral value updates, but the graphic does not scale to the value,  I have not set the upper and lower as that really does not make sence to me as the only value I can add is in my JSON selection and its not a min or max value, it is the value?. This should be set as a manual value to the scale to your requirement? So then I did set min and max vua the selection and that does not work so well.  

Any help in this matter would be great.

Thanks

Chris. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @chrisR,

I'm not so sure for your requirement, can you provide more detail?

AFAK, if you not setting the min/max fields of gauge visual, it will auto choose 0 and 2 x current value as min/max value and graphic will stay in middle.

In addition, you can also submit an idea about improve the scale feature of living gauge visual.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi Xiaoxin,

Thanks for your reply I went down the queue really fast...

I am doing real time custom streaming data option, online dashbord when you create a tile and pushing rest json data to them from c#.net.

In my stream I have din name and din value and both are recieved.

I choose guage  from add tile.

No matter the options selected and combinations for min and max I cannot get the graphic to scale to the numeic value. The numeric works fine.

Quote: "AFAK, if you not setting the min/max fields of gauge visual, it will auto choose 0 and 2 x current value as min/max value and graphic will stay in middle."

Dont you think the above statement should scale to what you set manually which there is no option? You only can set the min max value with the Json dinvalue assigned by the json stream, so the value for min and max cannot scale as it only sees the dinvalue at the time and you cant manually scale the guage by din value as min and max. As I only have one json dinvalue which is streaming and is the only thing you can select in the drop down for both min and max?. So it will not work.

I do the same choose streaming data option when you create a tile.

I choose line chart from add tile.

Nothing appears when I put in the dinvalue option in the value dropdown from my stream for the selection.

Then I select 1 second updates and I get nothing.

I then try card from add tile and it works fine so the data is there and it pulls dinname as well.

I hope this brings more clarity.

Thanks

Chris

Hi @chrisR,

>>As I only have one json dinvalue which is streaming and is the only thing you can select in the drop down for both min and max?. So it will not work.

Yes, current live visual only support use itself source data columns as the visual fields, you can't find any option to allow you manually input range value. I'd like to suggest you submit an idea to help improve this feature.

BTW, line chart will analysis the cache data to ensure the y axis unit, so you not need to manually setting it.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.