Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Tacovanlier
Regular Visitor

Tiles in the dashboard explode / reshuffle randomly....!

Hi All!

We are experiencing an issue with the use of PowerBI dashboarding for our corporate reporting. While I'm editing the dashboard 'something' happens which makes all tiles (pinned from 1 report) to go crazy and randomly spread all over the dashboard. It does happen every reporting period; but reparing this glitch causes a lot of work as its requires all the tiles to be placed in the correct order again. 

Some details:

- The dashboard is a mix of visual tiles (pinned from 1 report) and text tiles which are used to comment on the figures shown;

- The report shows >100 visuals and other titles;

- The function 'Dashboard tile flow' in settings is already turn off;

It would be great if someone is aware of this problem and knows how to prevent this from ever happening again. Many kudos to you if you can help us out!

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tacovanlier ,

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my side. Do you get this issue in all dashboards?

Do you click the Save button? Please try to restart or use another web browser.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Evelyn,

Thanks for your reply. We do experience this issue on several dashboards. When working in these dashboards we usually use chrome as it is our favorite browser.

We do sometimes press save; but when working in the workspace environment i believe the save button does not exist (only save a copy). This implies that I'm creating a dozen of dashboards that i need to delete (except the last one) before I publish the dashboard in an app. 

I'm happy to try another (microsoft) browser and see whether this resolves the issue (edit: I have just installed Microsoft Edge and will use this browser going forward when using PowerBI online).  Please note that I have recreated this topic in the "Server" category as I have now realised I have mistakenly placed this issue/question in the 'desktop' section of this forum.

Also, maybe we could set up a teams meeting where I can show how this issue happens as I quite able to reproduce the issue on several report. 

Best regards,

Taco 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.