Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ticket backlog

Dear Community,

I have a very similar issue than this one that i've tried to resolve without the desired outcome. 

My scenario is very similar to the one described in this post:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Running-Sum-in-Power-BI-for-Ticket-Backlog/m-p/727052#M3508...

I have a volume of incidents created on a specific date and the resolution date for each incident. 

I've created the calendar and relationships above and they seem to be fine:

1.jpg

I've also ensured that the calendar, created, and resolved date have the same format and created the 3 measures as per below:

*Created Count = CALCULATE(COUNT(Issues[Issue ID]))
*Resolved Count = CALCULATE(COUNT(Issues[Issue ID]),USERELATIONSHIP(Issues[Resolved], 'Calendar'[Date]),Issues[Resolved] <> BLANK())
*Backlog = CALCULATE([*Created Count]-[*Resolved Count], FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Calendar'), 'Calendar'[Date] <=MAX('Calendar'[Date])))

But when I create the table/matrix, it puts the values on a blank date, not under the correct date that should be October and November 2020:

3.jpg2.jpg

Can someone help me with this topic? What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What's the data type of your [Created] and [Resolved] column? Are they Date/time? Based on my test, if your link date/time column in fact table with date column in calendar table,it will show blank column:

1.PNG2.PNG

But after I create a new date column by [Create] and link it to the calendar table, it works well.

_CreateDate = data[Created].[Date] 

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Tim_H
Helper I
Helper I

@v-deddai1-msft 

is it normal that when tickets are resolved they also are removed from the backlog ?   In other words as long tickets are not resolved thay are vissible but when resolved also the history is removed.

for example :

ticket opened 12/02/2019

ticket resolved 14/09/2019

when you measure in october this ticket should be visible as backlog from march until September.

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

What's the data type of your [Created] and [Resolved] column? Are they Date/time? Based on my test, if your link date/time column in fact table with date column in calendar table,it will show blank column:

1.PNG2.PNG

But after I create a new date column by [Create] and link it to the calendar table, it works well.

_CreateDate = data[Created].[Date] 

Capture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-deddai1-msft ,

Many thanks for your help. Indeed after posting here, i continued to troubleshoot and also with help of this community i was able to find that i had to use another date column and it worked like a charm.

Thanks everyone for your help! 

Hi. Can you please help me with the solution that helped you?. I need to build the backlog measure as you described.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Looking at the information you provide everything should work properly, only question I have is what happens to your matrix if you only have one of the measures?

Try debugging you data one step at a time:

• Add the columns ISSUEDID to your matrix and do a count that will make sure your relationship is working propely
  • Add the Created measure and check if the result still checks
  • Add the Resolved measure
  • Finally add the last one.

Can you share some sample file?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.