Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MikeMCFRS
Helper III
Helper III

Three Tables, YTD Calculation by FY

Hi All,

I have a date table, Disposition table and Incident number table. A sample is decribed as follows:

Date TableDisposition TableIncident Table 
01/01/2020TransportsIncident number(Column) 
01/02/2020RefusalsIncident date(column) 
01/03/2020Treated  
01/04/2020Discharged  

I have already linked all three tables. The goal or outpuut I am looking for is to

a. Calculate monthly totals by category in the disposition table, eg Total Transports

b. Calcluate YTD

C. When I place the measures on the card visual forexample, I want to be able to see Month Total & YTD for each category

e.g Month          YTD
       25                 75

I have already set up the FY in the date table and the visual, however I am not able to create a formular that will be consistent in producing the desired results as shown above.

Please NOTE: The disposition and Incident tables did not have values so I created a count value of 1 for each incident. The disposition table does not have a date column so I linked it to the date table.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I am open to your questions for further clarity.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeMCFRS ,

Refer the measures below and see if it help.

monthly totals by category = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[category]),FORMAT('Table'[date],"MM")=FORMAT(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[date]),"MM")))

YTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[category]),'Table'[date]<=MAX('Table'[date])))

Result:

9.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeMCFRS ,

Refer the measures below and see if it help.

monthly totals by category = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[category]),FORMAT('Table'[date],"MM")=FORMAT(SELECTEDVALUE('Table'[date]),"MM")))

YTD = CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]),FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('Table','Table'[category]),'Table'[date]<=MAX('Table'[date])))

Result:

9.PNG

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Using the date table and time intelligence,  you can create MTD and YTD measures. In ytd you can mention year end date to take care of your financial year.

MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD('Date'[Date]))
last MTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,MONTH)))
last MTD (complete) Sales =  CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD(ENDOFMONTH(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,MONTH))))
last year MTD (complete) Sales =  CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESMTD(ENDOFMONTH(dateadd('Date'[Date],-12,MONTH))))
YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(('Date'[Date]),"12/31"))
Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))
Last YTD complete Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOFYEAR(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year)),"12/31"))
Last to last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-2,Year),"12/31"))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

@amitchandak  Many thanks for your suggested formulas. My problem is not with the finding a formula per se but one that will work for my specific scenario. I am trying to count categories in one table(Disposition) with another table( incident numbers) in another table and also creating YTD formular for each category.

Hope this clarifies my dilemma a little bit.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.