Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Three Criterions on Filters

hsy_0-1604954205019.png

Hello everyone,

I found that here we can maximum have just 2 criterion, can we have more than 3?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Hanson

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi you could create a custom column that if the CustomerGroup contains Type A or Type B or Type C, mark them as "Y", others mark as “N”. Then filter this custom column. Thanks!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You can create a measure and drop here on the Visual Filter.

Please share your conditions with sample data if you need help building a measure.

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Fowmy,

Sorry can't share data, just make up a simple case, if I want a filter of CustomerGroup contains 'Type A' or 'Type B' or 'Type C', what should the measure looks like?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi you could create a custom column that if the CustomerGroup contains Type A or Type B or Type C, mark them as "Y", others mark as “N”. Then filter this custom column. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous thanks for reply, Yeah, thought about that. 
The issue is, I have about 16m rows of data, I try my best just do model linkage instead of table merging in Power Query

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can set search with Basic filtering for the related data in Filters pane or create a slicer just like below screenshot:

Three Criterions on Filters.png

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rena Ruan
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yiruan-msft thanks for reply, Reality is a bit of more complex,
It might be column A contains "A" or column B contains "B" or column C contains "C"

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can apply multiple columns filter in Filters pane just as below screenshot:

yingyinr_0-1605236660333.png

Best Regards
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yiruan-msft If so, the three filters are in AND relationship or OR relationship?

Hi @Anonymous ,

These three filters should be AND relationship... Could you please share some mockup data in your model and your expected result in order to provide a suitable solution? Thank you.

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.