cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Thousand-Separator-and-Decimal-Separator

hello,

for the currency column, I'm having problems with decimal separator and thousand separator.

Decimal separator is a comma and thousand separator is a point. But PowerBi goes wrong

for example - powerbi shows 121,000.00 (thousand separator is a comma and Decimal separator is a point)

Output expected, 121.000,00 (Decimal separator is a comma and thousand separator is a point)

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Regular Visitor

Helle all,

Thanks to this blogpost I have found a sulution for this problem without changing the locale for the whole Power Bi file. The steps are:

1. Go to the Power Query-editor and select the column
  2. Change the data type to "decimal number" in the transform menu
  3. Open the advanced editor and add the desired locale string to the "Table.TransformColumnTypes" function.

Example:

#"Type gewijzigd" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Kolommen verwijderd",{{"sales.grand_total_month", type number}}, "en-US")

The Thousand Separator could not work, if the currency value contains more than 8 digits. Provide solution for this. 

Frequent Visitor

Hello,

We have a power bi report embedded int .net application. We have given ($)United States format for one column in the report. It shows $123,345,678(Right format) in few browsers and machines and $12,33,45,678(wrong format) in few browsers.

Can some one help me to fix this please.

Thanks,

Power BI Learner

Helpful resources

Announcements
November Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the November 2020 Updates!

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

secondImage

Power Platform October Community Highlights

Check out the top community contributors across all of the communities

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors