Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This year minus next year

Guys, this is killing me.  All I want to do is compare the difference between this year and projected figures next year.

I have a simple table as per below where the volume for each event is in the count column.  I want to be able to show the difference in matrix table or normal table as per sample 2.  At the moment is show the totals which is not what I am looking for.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

compare 1.JPG

sample 2compare 2.JPG

Spoiler

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Please refer

Year  Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date Filer]))
Next Year  Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date Filer],12,MONTH)))

Next Year Sales full = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(ENDOYEAR(dateadd('Date'[Date Filer],12,MONTH))))

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks.

My Recent Blog - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges/ba-p/823601

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.