cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TheKiltedGolfer Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

This query contains transformations that cannot be used in DirectQuery

Has anyone found a solution for the above issue yet?  It seems there is no definitive answer.  I am getting data/connecting to a SQL server just fine.  I enter a single and simple SQL statement, which it returns (I have snipit of the reply/answer if needed).  However, when I try to load it I get the error "This query contains transformations that cannot be used in DirectQuery."  And I have tried selecting/deselecting the "Composite Models" feature under "Preview features" with no change.  Has anyone been able to figure this out or is this a bug that still needs to be fixed?  I would think there are many who are getting data from a SQL server that needs this to work.  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: This query contains transformations that cannot be used in DirectQuery

Hi @TheKiltedGolfer,

Based on my test, it could work on my side:

1.PNG

After you have deselected the "Composite Models" feature under "Preview features" , could you have closed your Power BI Desktop and try to reopen it to get data for your SQL Server?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @TheKiltedGolfer,

Based on my test, it could work on my side:

1.PNG

After you have deselected the "Composite Models" feature under "Preview features" , could you have closed your Power BI Desktop and try to reopen it to get data for your SQL Server?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TheKiltedGolfer Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello Daniel,

Well............ I really do not know how to explain this.  Before my original post yesterday, the box for the "Composite Models" feature was already NOT selected, by default, and I could NOT load my SQL query result due to the error "This query contains transformations that cannot be used in DirectQuery."  Since it was not working I thought I would try SELECTING the "Composite Models" feature but it still would NOT load the result.  And yes, I did restart Power BI after selecting "Composite Models".   

Then, today, I read your email and decided to uncheck the box again for the "Composite Models" feature, restarted Power BI, and tried again.  Today.... IT LOADS without error.  I have no idea why because the box was origianlly not checked to begin with. Anyhow, I do appreciate your email and thank you very much for your assistance.

Have a Great Day !!