Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tkim
Regular Visitor

This model doesn't have a table named

I made changes to a view named Product in the SQL Server and when I tried to refresh the view in Power BI, it gave me an error saying "This model doesn't have a table named Product." The changes that I made were to just add a couple columns in. The view exists within my data model and when I preview the data in PowerQuery it shows up correctly. It was working before, but after the changes it stopped working and gave me this error message. What may be creating this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tkim , 

You may try to rename the table in The Fields pane.

Or you may clear permissions under "Data Source settings", and establish the connection to SQL Server again.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pierro_Schoeman

Having the same issue...

Anonymous
Not applicable

This solution did not work. The names are identical between the Power Query Editor and the actual PowerBI Fields section. Any other ideas please?

Error:

"The model doesn't have a table named <name of table>"

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @tkim ,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to help others having the similar issue and close the case. If not, let me know and I'll try to help you further.

Best regards

Amy

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tkim , 

You may try to rename the table in The Fields pane.

Or you may clear permissions under "Data Source settings", and establish the connection to SQL Server again.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I can't rename the table without first discarding all changes to the queries. Given that the error in my case occurred after a significant overhaul to the structure of the queries, that would mean redoing a lot of work. Resetting the connection permissions did not solve the issue.

Is there a method that wastes less time?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.