Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ganesh_simhadri
Advocate I
Advocate I

This expression refers to a Relationship object , which has an error.

Hi I am getting the following error on the created column when i am refreshing the data. I did not have nay issues before the refresh.

Following is the code snippet 

Billable = if(
not(
ISBLANK(
LOOKUPVALUE(Task[isbillable],Task[id],SheetsAll[id])
)
),

LOOKUPVALUE(Task[isbillable],Task[id],SheetsAll[id]),
LOOKUPVALUE(Jobs[isbillable],Jobs[id],SheetsAll[id]))

Following is the error 

This expression refers to a Relationship object named '902a1ae2-e95d-420e-9f24-eae5303c57d8', which has an error.

Can some one help me in debugging this issue?

8 REPLIES 8
kadirkkkk
Frequent Visitor

I also get the same error. There was an calculated table named X with SUMMARIZECOLUMNS dax function connected to an imported table named Cities's CityName column. I think the problem began when i change the calculated table function and droped the CityName column the column of X table without removing the relation. And now even that simple code gives error.

SUMMARIZECOLUMNS('Cities'[CityName]
,"Indeks AVG",0
)

This expression refers to a Relationship object named 'bf855ba5-b193-4adb-9744-48e8d65b063e', which has an error.

This same exact error happened to me as well after I replaced a measure calc with a new relationship. I deleted the previous (non-active) relationship and the error disappeared.

rohit_acharya
Advocate I
Advocate I

Whenever there is an error in the primary key (of any table related to your table and not only the table in contention) this error pops up. Please ensure all the relationships with the Task and Jobs Table are valid. Whenever a cross table reference is made PBI checks the validity(no errors in the primary key) of all the relationships with that table. 

To be totally safe, Click on Modelling and then Manage Relationships, Check the validity of every relationship in this menu so that Relationship object based errors are avoided.

Thanks so much Rohit for that very helpful tip. In my case, I had to find the calculated column which formed the primary key, which had duplicate values after a refresh. None of the relationships showed any error.

This gets my vote for the most obscure error message - perhaps for all time, but certainly for the year! I suppose with an extension tool you could eventually track down that relationship guid, but can they not give us a clue?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am experriencing similar issues only if the report is using an "On-premises data gateway". While using the personal gateway mode my report and refreshing seems to work as intended.

Has anyone managed to solve this issue in any way?

Best regards

arefossa

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same kind of error

"his expression refers to a Relationship object named '31445cef-2400-49fa-8c32-a0a250a394ce', which has an error."

I guess that is referred to this DAX:

FechasDax.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you still have an active connection to your data source?

Yes, I was able to get data for the columns mentioned in DAX. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.