Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexAlberga727
Resolver II
Resolver II

This Should be Simple - Line Graph

I'm not sure why this is not working, hopinh someone here will be able to assist.

I am attempting to create a graph that will show 'Stock Levels' for certain products by date within a Line Graph.

I have created a "Stock Level" for each SKU and have assigned those values with a scale 0-3 - 'Stock Level Value'.

- Out of Stock = 0

- Low Stock = 1

- Nearing Low Stock = 2

- Stocked = 3

Everyday, as stock levels chance their stock level values ,ay change as well. I want to review this data within a line graph and then hopefully compliment a sales report. However, even though I have the table with accurate data, the line graph is not calculating the values as I would like. See the Below - 

Stock_Level_01062020_001.png

In the 'Value' field I have entered a measure that I created which is simply SUM (Stock Value).

I would expect to see a line graph that displays Out of Stock (Value 0) from 12/09/2019 - 12/10/2019, then 3 days of Low Stock indicated by a Value 1.

Why is this not working? 😥

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AlexAlberga727 ,

If the Stock Value is a calculated column, we can just use it in the value field as following to meet your requirement:

3.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this, select "stock value" on your "fields" ( all the way to the right). and go to modeling tab, then select "don't summarize". Hope that will solve your issue. If it does, please give me a kudos!!

@Anonymous Thanks for replying. 

This was initially what I thought the issue was. However, the option to not summerize wasn't available. The only options were to SUM, MIN/MAX, AVG - but no option to not summerize. I then created a measure that was simply =SUM(Stock Value). Thinking this would SUM the date's stock value for the selected SKU, and not ask for a type of summerization.

Hi @AlexAlberga727 ,

If the Stock Value is a calculated column, we can just use it in the value field as following to meet your requirement:

3.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lid-msft  Thanks for helping. This solution worked. Implemented a calculated column utilizing the =RELATED DAX. Same values are being populated, but now the visualization works as expected.

Thanks again!

AlexAlberga727
Resolver II
Resolver II

This is something I did toggle, and saw no impact. I just attempted again to confirm, and no - unfortunately this doesn't solve the issue.

I'm not sure why I am seeing a value of 6 across all dates, when the table on the left indicates all the dates I have within my table, and the associated stock level.

I also have created a date table and have marked it as the 'Date table'. I would expect to only see results for the data that has been populated which is only from 12/9/2019 - present. Values range from 0-3, for this particular SKU only 2 values - 0 and 1. Yet the graph shows 6... for all dates. Fairly frustrating. I feel like this should be very simple.

I simply need a graph that looks like the following - Plotting values 0-3.

Stock_Level_01062020EXP.png

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Perhaps try changing your x-axis to be categorical instead of continuous.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.