Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sbantupalli_198
Regular Visitor

There was issue loading one or more tiles in power BI. We are seeing this message on the dashboard

3 REPLIES 3
mamsteroonie
Helper I
Helper I

I am also having this issue with ONE user, that used to have access.  He has never been able to load tiles since he lost it weeks ago.  Any update on why this is happening?  Latest version of Power BI Desktop (August update) published to service with analysis services connection.

blindeye
Helper II
Helper II

Bumping this thread as it's the only mention I can find of this issue on the forum or elsewhere online...

We're in the process of attempting to roll out Power BI dashboards in our organization, but when certain users have a new dashboard shared with them for the first time, they repeatedly get the message "There was an issue loading one or more tiles". The users can see the tiles on the dashboard, but clicking on them does not lead to the underlying report.

image.png

Frustratingly, this doesn't happen in all cases and I've attempted to solve by variously recommending users log-out and back-in, click the link on the original share email, or I manually delete and re-attach tiles to the dashboard and eventually we are usually able to get access, but there doesn't seem to be a solution that works reliably each time and it makes both me and the software look bad, just at a time when we've now had to unexpectedly budget for Pro licences to continue using Power BI.

This error message is not acknowledged in the troubleshooting article linked to above, and when cliking the "show error(s)" link, none are revealed.

Any advice on a solution? The report was built in Desktop based on a dataset stored in Power BI service, so that various reports and dashboards can be disrtibuted throughout the company based on the same large dataset.

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @sbantupalli_198,

Is there any detail error message? What visual and what data source are you using? And are you using the latest version of Power BI Desktop(2.42.4611.701 64-bit (January 2017))? Could you be more precisely with your issue?Smiley Happy

In addition, you can follow this article to troubleshoot common errors you may encounter with tiles along with an explanation.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.