Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

michaelshparber
Advocate V
Advocate V

There was an error in the OAuth popup window

*** Update ***

Nevermind, my mistake

I should have use "Basic" authentication instead of Organizational.

Thank you

Michael

While creating a new Query in a Dataflow with a OData or Web API source I get the following error:

"There was an error in the OAuth popup window (Session ID: d048211e-19fb-4f05-b545-3602b7e40cdc)"

It happenes when I choose "Authentication kind - Organizational Account" and press "Sign-in"

A pop-up window shows for several seconds and then the error is shown.

I did succeed in the past creating OData Dataflows.

So it is a new issue, restarted everything, cleared cache, still same error

Please help

Thank you

Michael

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
michaelshparber
Advocate V
Advocate V

Nevermind, my mistake

Thank you

Michael

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
rderekx
Regular Visitor

has same probem ans was related to URL

when copying URL from Explorer i had:

sharepoint.com/:x/:r/sites/..... and :x/:r needed to be removed

when using sharepoint.com/sites/ i got my pop-up

regards

NAOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

I have the same issue and using the Basic authentication does not solve it. Can we reopen the thread or do I have to create a new one?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also have this issue / error when trying to connect to a CSV file in OneDrive for Business.  Has anyone solved it?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have this issue / error when trying to connect to a CSV file in OneDrive for Business.  Has anyone solved it?

Actually I figured out what was happening, and the solution is pretty dumb.

Basically you can't have any spaces (%20) in the URL string to your file on One Drive.  However if you notice, OneDrive will naturally save to a library called "My Documents".

The way to get around this is to create a sharepoint group (again with no spaces in the group name).  Then create a document library in that group's website (no spaces in this name).  Once you create the doc library, upload your file there (again file name no spaces).

Once its uploaded, then get a copy of the URL to the file from the context menu.  Modify it to make sure you have a nicely formed URL something like:

https://companydomain.sharepoint.com/sites/groupname/doclibrary/filename.xlsx

Once you have that, you should be able to get the organizational popup to come up just fine.

Seems like Microsoft should put OneDrive as a source and fix this issue, seems buggy to me.  Users are always going to have spreadsheets on OneDrive that they want to mash up in a data flow...

I also have the problem and the solution described here doesn't solve it.

I'm trying to create a dataflow to connect to a SQL server database. I want to use the Microsoft authorization. I manage to connect this way in my SQL Server Management Studio.

Unfortunately, Power BI reacts opening the login window for just one second... and closing it imediately.

Any ideas?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing that!

I'm also having the same issue with a file on OneDrive.  Let me know if you or anyone else has a solution.

michaelshparber
Advocate V
Advocate V

@v-qiuyu-msft 

Yes Thank you

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @michaelshparber

It looks like the issue is resolved now, right? If it is, may I close the thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
michaelshparber
Advocate V
Advocate V

Nevermind, my mistake

Thank you

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.