Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Balajisankar
Regular Visitor

There not enough memory to complete this operation

Hi Team,

I'm getting the below error recently, last month i got this error, but  the next day it is working, this month i'm attmepting for various days still no luck - Please advise on the tips and solution to solve the same, My data is having more than 2.2 Mio line items with various 9 excel files.

Balajisankar_0-1640610366326.png

7 REPLIES 7
Balajisankar
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response, Memory constraint loaded via - gateway and working fine.

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Balajisankar ,

You should be using variables(Var) for storing results in case of complex calculations

such that you do not run out of memory. Also note that Power BI is a visualization tool, (it is not excel, yet many people think power Bi can be used/replace excel for reporting instead of excel). Before I can tell anything further..I have few questions for you..

1. How many measures are you using (i.e. columns with calculator sign on them)?

2. How many columns do you have? (Please ensure that you have only necessary columns, delete those columns that are not necessary)

3. Are all the calculations (measures) being calculated concurrently?

4. Is there a possibility of taking calculations to a backend such as Excel or SQL-server?

Also. there are some tips about managing Memory, you can review them in this similar thread.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Balajisankar , Increase memory management cache ( 8 GB to 10 GB), supported by RAM and virtual RAM in your system.  make sure you have sufficient hard disk space, and then try. If that does not work, try removing some complex DAX calculated column, if any

Load Setting.png

Thanks for your response, however i still have the same issue, i'm using 16 GB Ram, 64 Bit Operating system, Windows 10, its three years of data  - need further advise in this matter.

Just to add, i have done the above setup as suggested - FYI.

Just reading the rest of the message is there anything odd in your date columns?

Ben Dobbs

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thanks Guys, No, nothing in date columns, memory constraint loaded via - gateway and working fine.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.