Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Tome_05
Helper II
Helper II

There is no error when updating manually, but sometimes an error occurs when automatic update is set

We become indebted to.

Please let me know about the error.
There are many days when the automatic update can be performed normally and an error occurs on the BI dashboard that is set to update automatically.

When an error occurs, you can manually update by pressing the "Update Now" button on the dataset in the workspace. At this time, no error occurs.
However, when I check the automatic update settings the next day, an error message appears again, and I have been updating manually every time.

Please let me know what the cause is and if there are any improvements.

5 REPLIES 5
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tome_05 ,

Have you tried refreshing the data source using the gateway?  What is the error? Is this error about data or error information? If an error message is reported, take a screenshot of the error message. What id your data source? What is your way about refresh? Schedule refresh? What is the setting of the refresh?

I hvae also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: Automatic Update issues - Microsoft Power BI Community

If it does not help, please provide more details.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-rongtiep-msft 

thank you for your reply.

I will write the details here.
The error contents are as follows.
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -
Cluster URI: WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: cf90845b-3c6f-497e-9d01-5e4754a32b02
Request ID: 6be4c40e-47c2-4b30-861e-1415512fec75
Time: 2022-10-19 01:18:54Z
-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- -

It is said that the error is because the gateway is offline, but the gateway setting is turned on as shown in the attached image.
The content of the error is always the same as above.スクリーンショット 2022-10-19 130056.jpg

Hi @Tome_05 ,

1. Did you configure gateway connection with all data sources? Do you use on-premises gateway or personal mode?

2. In “Manage Gateway” setting, please check if each data source can connect to the gateway successfully.

3. Do you get Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) enabled for the account? Please refer to  https://www.fourmoo.com/2019/02/13/why-is-my-powerbi-dataflow-refresh-failing/

4. If the datasource is sql server. Please also refer to  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2015756/how-to-troubleshoot-msg-824-in-sql-server

If the issue persists, I would suggest create a support ticket on Power BI Supportpage for better assistance.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-rongtiep-msft 

Thank you for your reply.

1. Configured gateway connections with all data sources.
I am using an on-premises gateway.

2. Each data source can successfully connect to the gateway in the Manage Gateway settings.

3. I also have multi-factor authentication (MFA) enabled on my account.

Hi @Tome_05 ,

If the issue persists, I would suggest create a support ticket on Power BI Supportpage for better assistance.

support ticket.gif

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.