Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RickFromm
Frequent Visitor

Themes not sticking

I am using the theme "Spring Day". When I apply the theme everything looks great. Change the different selections still looks good until one of the charts has a lot of records being displayed. For example on a pie chart if there are more then 15 slices (I have not taken the time to find the exact number) the color pallete for that part of the report changes to the default that comes with powerBI. No longer the "Spring Day". I reimport "Spring Day" and the colors set are fine again. Obviously reimporting is not a good solution for a report that I would like to put into production.

Any ideas?

---

Is there any way to restrict the number of records shown on a graph? This application is showing the responses from surveys that are taken. There are many questions that the user can select from to see in graphical format. When non are selected then the graphs try to display all answers. Is there a way to only show the graphs when an answer is selected?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
RickFromm
Frequent Visitor

I was looking a the .json file for "Spring Day" and it only has 12 colors. Could it be the issue that when my graph has more then 12 rows of data it switches to the default because it cannot be displayed with the current file?

@RickFromm wrote:

I was looking a the .json file for "Spring Day" and it only has 12 colors. Could it be the issue that when my graph has more then 12 rows of data it switches to the default because it cannot be displayed with the current file?

@RickFromm,

Yes. You would need to add colors in the Spring Day json file.

Regarding to the question "Is there any way to restrict the number of records shown on a graph", you  can use filters or slicers in Power BI report. If you can't get expected result, please share sample data and expected result here.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry, I did not explain myself very well on restricting the number of answers being returned. 

The graphs are all based on which answer is selected. The issue I am having is when they do not have an answer selected it tries to show all answers. This is making the pies have over a hundred slices which is totaly meaningless.

Using the following link uncheck the options that have been checked and you will see what I am refering to.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYzczNTc3OWYtZmZhMS00YmIyLWI1YmYtNmJkZGZlNzU3NWQxIiwidCI6IjM1M...

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

Rick

Have anyone got solution or workaround for this?

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.