Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rod-Average
Frequent Visitor

Theme not Saving In November Update

Hello All

I have just updated to the November version of PBI Desktop and my report themes are no longer saving.  I have tried re-saving the JSON files with a new name but they are still not applied when I re-open the reports.  Has anyone else had this issue and if so is anyone aware of a fix?

Many thanks

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi All,

The December version of PBI has been released. And this issue is fixed.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Superdelucs
Frequent Visitor

Same problem over here. Created a new report in the november version of Power BI desktop. Imported my company theme and saved the report. Every time I open the report the theme has disappeared and I have to import it again. 

Hi All,

I have reported this issue to the Product Team. Please wait for the reply. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards!

Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi All,

This issue will be fixed in the release of December 2017. 

Best Regards,

Dale

I am still having this problem in the December release. Has the issue been fixed for you all?

Hi All,

The December version of PBI has been released. And this issue is fixed.

Best Regards,

Dale

Update - I installed the December updated version a second time, and this time it looks like it's working. This time I removed the old version of PBI desktop from my computer BEFORE I downloaded and installed the new version.

Hi Dale,

I am wondering if you saw my previous post? In my December version, the issue persists. I was wondering if anyone else was still having this issue with the December version.

Annie

Hi Annie,

Could you please share some snapshots? And the steps to reproduce. I'm quite sure it works again in my test.

Best Regards,

Dale

dhawal16
Advocate I
Advocate I

I am seeing the same issue with November update.

Can any from MS please comment on this.

Thanks,

Dhawal

Hi All,

It works fine in my test. How can I reproduce your issue? What I have done:

1. Download a theme from here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Themes-Gallery/Spring-Day-Expos%C3%A9-Data/m-p/147299;

2. Create a simple report with a table visual. The default color is blank.

3. Import the theme file. 

4. Save the file and close. 

5. Reopen.

theme.JPG

Best Regards!

Dale

I do this but the theme does not 'stick' and I have to re-apply each time I open the report.  This did not happen for me in the October release.  I have tried this with several themes and the result is the same each time.  I have used themes from the gallery and modified themes.  It seems like I am not the only one but that this is not a universal issue for all users. 

Regards

Rod Average

Hi @Rod-Average,

There is a new release for November. Please try it. Since I can't reproduce it locally. Could you please share your file and the steps that I can use to reproduce?

Best Regards!

Dale

Morning.

The steps were:

create a new report, apply custom theme, save and close report.  Re-open report and theme has not been applied.  This only started happening when I updated to November release. 

Just to be clear, is there another November update or do you mean the November update I already installed?  My current version is:

Version: 2.52.4921.461 64-bit (November 2017)

Thanks

Regards

Rod Average

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.