Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The size of symbol dont work in GIS

Hi,

I have import a excel in power BI and want to gererate to GIS. But I dont know why it cannot read the value of size of symbol. It only show 1 instead my imported value. Thanks so much.Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can only Sum something that is saved as a number.  If it has a data type of text, you can't sum it.  A computer can't tell you what "Cat" + "Dog" equals.  In the same vain, it doesn't know that "1" is the same as 1.  So if you have a column that is entirely numbers, you'll need to make sure you have set it to the correct data type in either the modelling area or as part of your import query.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

TL : DR  Your field has been selected to summarize by count, you need to change that to "Don't Summarize"

Have a look at the name of the column in your visual.  You will notice it is "Count of".  This means your visual is attempting an aggregation of your field.  There are 2 aspects of this to consider:

When you select your field in the "Field" window on the far right, you can select in the Ribbon the Modelling area.  In here you can set the default summarization method.  For text, this is usually set to "Count".  You are able to select "Don't Summarize" if you want it to display the values themselves.

Similar to the first point, you can set the summarization on a visual by visual basis.  On the visualization pane, if you have your visual selected, you can see the fields you have added to your visual.  Each field has a drop arrow presenting a menu.  Inside this menu is a check mark indicating what the current selected summarization is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I selected "Don't Summarize", but still no response. Smiley Sad

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This will be because you have only updated the 'default' summarization technique.  Since you have already created the visual, it will assume you wish it to be the way you have already set it up.  You can either remove the field from the visual and re-add it, or click the fields drop arrow from inside the visual settings.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The drop arrow do not have "dont summarize" this selection. But the color have it. So strange...sizesizecolorcolor

I guess I got your issue.

Can you change the default summarization to sum and re-add Column10 under the size in the visual?

Anonymous
Not applicable

It cannot select "Sum" in  default summarizationMan SadUntitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can only Sum something that is saved as a number.  If it has a data type of text, you can't sum it.  A computer can't tell you what "Cat" + "Dog" equals.  In the same vain, it doesn't know that "1" is the same as 1.  So if you have a column that is entirely numbers, you'll need to make sure you have set it to the correct data type in either the modelling area or as part of your import query.

Anonymous
Not applicable

omg, after i deleted the text in that column, it work now!!! Thank you so muchCat Embarassed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.