Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The resultset of a query to external data source has exceeded the maximum allowed size of '1000000'

Was using this measure to calculate revenue amount in a specified reporting currenty by looking up an exchange rate table 

with the method outlined in this link https://businessintelligist.com/2015/03/17/power-bi-tutorial-how-to-implement-currency-conversion-us...

NetAmount Sum Ex = sumx(vwFactRevenueReportingEOM,
vwFactRevenueReportingEOM[NetAmount]*
IF(HASONEVALUE(DimReportCurrency[CurrencyID]),
LOOKUPVALUE(vwDimExchangeRate[ExchangeRate], vwDimExchangeRate[DateID], vwFactRevenueReportingEOM[ExchangeDateID], vwDimExchangeRate[SourceCurrencyID],
vwFactRevenueReportingEOM[CurrencyID], vwDimExchangeRate[ReportingCurrencyID], values(DimReportCurrency[CurrencyID]))

, 1)
)

The measure works well in SSAS tabular model. But when I tried to use it in Power BI (direct query mode), it throws out the error of The resultset of a query to external data source has exceeded the maximum allowed size of '1000000'. 

The vwFact table and the exchange rate table have more than 1 million rows. But I have set filters to the report so that only a dozen records will be returning. 

Anyone got similar issues? I tested and the issue is with the Lookupvalue function used. Is there any workarounds EG not using the lookupvalue function? 

Thanks,

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.