Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ukare1996
Helper I
Helper I

The password wont be encrypted when sent error

Hi All,

I am getting the below error when trying to Get Data from SAP S4 Hana via an Odata Feed. I have done alot googling on this but havent seem to have found a solution. I have tried to login via Windows, Web API and Oraganization account but still havent managed to get through.

Any help will be much apprecaited.

ukare1996_0-1663057213951.png

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ukare1996 ,

• All data requested and transmitted by Power BI is encrypted in transit using HTTPS (except when the data source chosen by the customer does not support HTTPS) to connect from the data source to the Power BI service. A secure connection is established with the data provider, and only once that connection is established will data traverse the network.

Please check if your data source supports encryption.

For more information, please refer to: Power BI security white paper - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ukare1996 ,

• All data requested and transmitted by Power BI is encrypted in transit using HTTPS (except when the data source chosen by the customer does not support HTTPS) to connect from the data source to the Power BI service. A secure connection is established with the data provider, and only once that connection is established will data traverse the network.

Please check if your data source supports encryption.

For more information, please refer to: Power BI security white paper - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I've managed to get connected - as you mentioned it should be a https connection not a http (which was what I was using). But's it's all working now 🙂 Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.