Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AishwariyaV
Helper IV
Helper IV

The number of visuals based on selection

Hi guys,

I have a scenario based question.

I am working on a sales dataset.

I have different "Country" and each country has different  "Product Category".

Say for Country 1 there are 4 categories.

I will be using a gauge chart for each category separately which represents sales and target. (Now, the no of gauge chart =4)

For Country 2, i have only 3 categories. So now when Country 2 is selected, the number of gauge visuals shuld change from 4 to 3. The Category name and data should also change according to that.

How to achieve this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
danielkrol
Helper II
Helper II

As far as I know, this is not possible off the shelve...

You can write your own custom visual using R or Python or maybe there is some custom visual that can be used for this.

Lately I wrote a post about using SVG pictures to enhance your data. You can put an SVG into a table tow and color it by a percentage. For now, I only wrote the part how to import SVG that are stored locally (https://danonwix.wixsite.com/dansdaxtips/post/svg-s-from-local-dir-to-lighten-up-your-data-part-i). I plan to write a blog how to use them in a table...

There are multiple blogs out there that describe how to use SVG's.. It is not what you descibe what you need, but maybe it can help you further...

View solution in original post

Hi @Icey ,

Thanks for the reply.

I have around 50 categories in my dataset. So using bookmark is a complex way to implement the scenario.

One workaround is that I ranked the Products within each category group and added filter to each gauge.

Another way is to develop a custom visual. But I dont have much experience in R or Python.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AishwariyaV ,

Can the workaround I provided above meet your requirements?

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Icey ,

Thanks for the reply.

I have around 50 categories in my dataset. So using bookmark is a complex way to implement the scenario.

One workaround is that I ranked the Products within each category group and added filter to each gauge.

Another way is to develop a custom visual. But I dont have much experience in R or Python.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AishwariyaV ,

It is suggested to use Buttons and Bookmarks. Please check:

country.gif

BTW, .pbix file attached.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

danielkrol
Helper II
Helper II

As far as I know, this is not possible off the shelve...

You can write your own custom visual using R or Python or maybe there is some custom visual that can be used for this.

Lately I wrote a post about using SVG pictures to enhance your data. You can put an SVG into a table tow and color it by a percentage. For now, I only wrote the part how to import SVG that are stored locally (https://danonwix.wixsite.com/dansdaxtips/post/svg-s-from-local-dir-to-lighten-up-your-data-part-i). I plan to write a blog how to use them in a table...

There are multiple blogs out there that describe how to use SVG's.. It is not what you descibe what you need, but maybe it can help you further...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.