Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MagicMads
Helper I
Helper I

The new Tooltop-feature (render a page as tooltip) does not complete load

The new (pretty cool) tooltip-feature does not complete the rendering of the tool-tip-page - leaving a blurred image of the page with "Loading Report Page Tooltip"

Furthermore, Microsoft shuld consider to make the Tooltip-feature on visuals that does not naturally have a tooltip (eg. Card) to make more app-like experiences

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Known issue, and fixed in the May build. It is caused when the last added visual is hidden, like a slicer across pages.

To fix, select a visual on the tool-tip page and press CTRL-X, CTRL-V. It makes this visible tip the last visual added and works.

If you add another visual and hide it to the tooltop page, you'll have to repeat the above.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @MagicMads,

The new (pretty cool) tooltip-feature does not complete the rendering of the tool-tip-page - leaving a blurred image of the page with "Loading Report Page Tooltip"

I didn't encounter this problem on my side, my desktop version is 2.56.5023.1021 64-bit (March 2018), if yours is not, please update desktop to latest release and try again. Besides, what visuals did you add to the tooltip page? Could you please provide more information about your scenario? If possible, could you share your .pbix file so that I can check for you?

Furthermore, Microsoft shuld consider to make the Tooltip-feature on visuals that does not naturally have a tooltip (eg. Card) to make more app-like experiences

Thanks for your feedback. For any feature quest, you could submit your ideas here.

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi - please check-out the attached screen-shots - I hope you will be able to see that the tooltips are blurred. The problem occured after using the original build ..861? but I had hoped that the latest build ..1021 had solved the problem - which it has not.

I will be happy to share the workbook - where do I send it?

/Mads

- I will be happy to shareArea.pngSankey.png

I can confirm. This was working for me for about a week and now has stopped. Restarting the desktop app and rebooting doesn't fix it. Only fix was to delete the page and start over. Note that I did some further blurring because in the half-rendering stage some stuff is sort of visible. It is obviously pulling the page and info correctly, it just won't finish rendering. The little dots next to "Loading report page tooltip" just spin forever. I am using Windows 10 with the store app, so always up to date.

2018-03-22_7-14-46.png

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

Hi @edhans,

I believe page tooltip is still a preview feature so hiccups and bugs are expected. In my experience, the tooltip would load just fine after refreshing the webpage (not the report page).

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

@danextianwrote:

Hi @edhans,

I believe page tooltip is still a preview feature so hiccups and bugs are expected. In my experience, the tooltip would load just fine after refreshing the webpage (not the report page).

Yes, definitely preview. I just want to ensure MS is aware of this bug. Refreshing the page did not fix it for me in my report. Closing and restarting the browser didn't fix. I've had to remove the tooltip for now and set it backto the default so something would render.

Hopefully by the next month's update, it is going to be generally available.

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu.

Still - if MS can’t reproduce the bug - and we can’t share the workbooks - how could it be fixed? Some preview-features like custom themes have been in preview for months - without any reported progress or plan - so don’t get too excited for now

Well, FWIW, I got Amanda Cofsky's attention on this issue in the April Power BI Desktop update blog discussion and pointed her back to this thread, so hopefully someone will request your file @MagicMads to tinker with.

And by the way MS - I could probably find the version of the PBIX I had that was doing this in my OneDrive account and send that as well. It is connected to SQL on the back end, but as long as you don't press refresh and just work with the loaded data model, you should be able to see it. Just let me know if interested and I'll dig it up. Has to be in the date range of these posts...

Known issue, and fixed in the May build. It is caused when the last added visual is hidden, like a slicer across pages.

To fix, select a visual on the tool-tip page and press CTRL-X, CTRL-V. It makes this visible tip the last visual added and works.

If you add another visual and hide it to the tooltop page, you'll have to repeat the above.

Is this on the radar for anyone at MS? I'd be happy to share my file with a developer/product team, but cannot share it here. When this happens, it happens both in the PBIX file and on the web when uploaded.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.