Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The measure named "expected" shows different number in totals used in table and pie chart visual

I would like to start my problem description with providing my example file: Rekenmodel_0008_-_test_-_002_-_PBI.pbix

In the following screenshot I would like to point out the issues:

ScreenshotScreenshot

I would like to ask you to observe the column expected. Here you will notice 3 rows.

The first point I want to make:

when you add the values of the 3 rows it will add up to: 17 and the column total says: 8

So my first question is why doesn't the total of the column: "expected" say 17?

And how can I make the table show a total of 17 in the column: "expected"?

The second point I want to make:

As you look at the pie chart the black tooltip shows that the value for "expected" is: 20

To me it would have made sense it would also be the total of the visual rows in this case: 17

So why doesn't the black tooltip say 17 (or even 8 as it seems to be the column total here)?

And how can I make the black tooltip show the value of 17 as the value of "expected"?

I will be thankful for anyone who can provide hints or tips and of course the help on how to solve this!

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Martijn2019,

As I know, the measure is not fixed, it will calculated based on current visual context, so your matrix total is incorrect, if you want to get correct value you could try to use below measure

Expected = var  temp=
IF(
CONTAINS(Rules, Rules[Interval],"X: 3 months / Y: 12 years / Z: 4 years"), ROUNDUP( COUNT(Equipment[ID])*4 ,0) ,
IF(
CONTAINS(Rules, Rules[Interval],"12 years"), ROUNDUP( COUNT(Equipment[ID])/12 ,0) ,
IF(
CONTAINS(Equipment,Equipment[class],"A:"), ROUNDUP( COUNT(Equipment[ID])*12 ,0) ,
IF(
CONTAINS(Equipment,Equipment[class],"C:"), ROUNDUP( COUNT(Equipment[ID])*2 ,0) ,
COUNT(Equipment[ID])
)
)))  return  sumx(SUMMARIZE(Equipment,Equipment[ID],"a",temp), [a])

32.png

Or  you could try to create calculate column which won’t be based on visual context.

And this will affect the result of pie chart, so I think you need to consider more about the calculation logic

Best Regards,

Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dax 

First of all thank you very much for your time and effort to look into this with me!

I found it very interesting to see how you added the variable and used the return component of the expected measure.

But it is just that even now the column should add up to 17 not 16! Even with your new definition of the measure we are still missing 1. And the value of expected in the black tooltip (when you hover the pie chart) now indicates 100 instead of the 20 it did before.

Perhaps we can look into this a little more?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.