Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nicktg

The latest upgrade broke all of my reports. How can I get the 2.32.4307.362 64-bit installer?

After upgrading to the latest 64-bit Desktop version (2.33.4337.281) all of my reports get unexpected errors (couldn't load the model schema). How can I get installer for the previous 64-bit version (2.32.4307.362) so that I can downgrade and get my reports to work again?

6 REPLIES 6
ginnibobinni
Regular Visitor

I am trying a brand new install, have never used Power BI before, on Windows 10, on a Surface Pro 3. When I launch it, right away I get an error telling me the model schema cannot be loaded. I am unable to do anything with the program (i.e., cannot even load a local Excel worksheet). Can anyone help? I just returned from the PASS BA Conference and was all excited to show off some of what I learned, only to find I can't.

Thanks,

GInni

bmc_200

We are required to have FIPS enabled and continued receiving "This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms."

Finally figured out a solution. Edit the PBIDesktop.exe.config file in \Microsoft Power BI Desktop\bin folder.  
Include the following right after the <configuration> tag:

<runtime>
<enforceFIPSPolicy enabled="false"/>
</runtime>

AlexGorev
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Can you please provide more information, so we can further investigate? What error do you see? Can you share the screenshot? Would be great if you can share a PBIX file.

Thanks,

Alex.

If part of the error message you are getting this text "This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms.", please try the fix described here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/935434

Let us know if that helps!

Alex.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@nicktg - I have a copy of the previous MSI, I could post it up to my OneDrive and send you a link. You could also check your Downloads and see if you also have a previous copy, it tends to download with a "PBIDesktop_x64 (#).msi" if you have a previous PBIDesktop_x64.msi file.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
nicktg

Never mind. I found the old installer in my Downloads folder from a Windows restore point. And, yes, downgrading fixed my reports. It would be nice to be able to upgrade at some point to take advantage of new features, though. I guess I'll try again when the next release becomes available.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.