Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RachelWaite

The labels on line charts do not display consistently with high numbers above low numbers

When two lines on a line chart are close together, sometimes the higher number is displayed below a lower number. And sometimes the opposite is true. This means trend lines can be missinterpreted as text label does not align with chart visual.

Chart.png

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RachelWaite,

In order to reproduce your scenario, I create the sample table below.

1.PNG

Create a line chart, select the month as axis field, other as value levels, it shows correctly as follows.

3.png

For your issue, it's weird, do you mind share more details or your .pbix file for further analysis?

Best Regards,
Angelia

Try your same chart but make the y axis more wide so the lines appear more close together.

Im not sure I can share the dashboard given confidentiality.

The chart only has the error in ordering when the chart is small on the top level Power BI page. When I click to enlarge the cart, it corrects itself as there is more gap between the lines and the labels.

Hi @RachelWaite,

I reproduce it, the point value is right, just the value displays in improper position due to the size of chart. You can adjust your line chart visual, and also can set the y axis start and end value, please see the following screenshot.

1.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

We are trying to keep the Y axis consistent so this is not an accpetable solution. For now we will leave it an live with misinterpretations. 

Hi @RachelWaite,

Got it. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors