Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

deanbland
Helper III
Helper III

The key didn't match any rows in the table

Hi all,

I have been using SharePoint folders to store an Excel file in to use for Power BI. I have recently received another Excel sheet within the folders and I am getting this error message:

"An error occurred in the ‘Transform File’ query. Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.
Details:
Key=
Item=RISKS_MeasureActualDetails_acti
Kind=Sheet
Table=[Table]"

I have looked online for solutions, some saying that I need to make sure the file names are the same (SharePoint won't let me do this). I have had a look at both files and all columns are the same also. I am unsure what else to do, can someone please advise! 

Thank you, 

Dean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @deanbland 

Usually this means a column name or sheet name has changed in the file you are importing, compared to the code in the Transform File query.

Double check columns and sheets. Make sure there are no leading or trailing spaces in column and sheet names.

If you still have the issue please post your query/PBIX file and a sample of the structure of the file you are importing.

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
PhilipTreacy
Super User
Super User

Hi @deanbland 

Usually this means a column name or sheet name has changed in the file you are importing, compared to the code in the Transform File query.

Double check columns and sheets. Make sure there are no leading or trailing spaces in column and sheet names.

If you still have the issue please post your query/PBIX file and a sample of the structure of the file you are importing.

Regards

Phil

Did I answer your question? Then please mark my post as the solution.
If I helped you, click on the Thumbs Up to give Kudos.

Blog :: YouTube Channel :: Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got a similar error today and the issue was the sheet names - The sheet names have to be the same. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors