Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The credentials provided for the SharePoint source are invalid

I have a report which has several sources, like tables coming from Exasol and one tale is coming from SharePoint Online List. 

Now, I want to configure a data gateway to keep this report updated. I set a Gateway and it is working perfectly for the resources coming from Exasol or local file, but the table which is coming from a SharePoint list can not get configured. 

I receive the following error:

The credentials provided for the SharePoint source are invalid

I tried different combination as username, but none of them is working, I tried: 

Username

AzureAD\Username

Machinname\Username

Username@domai.com 

and so on. 

Does anyone know why I am receiving this error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

If you see the credentail error like below, you need to edit the sharepoint credentials and re-sign-in.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Krishnakant123
Regular Visitor

Hi All,

Im also facing same error "Failed to update data source credentials"

Is there any solution to reslove this issue

Anyone please help out to solve this issue

Thank you

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

If you see the credentail error like below, you need to edit the sharepoint credentials and re-sign-in.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find this solution somewhat lacking.

I have tried signing in and resigning out , editing the credentials, and I am still getting an error of "Failure to update data source credentials".

The reality is, this should work seamlessly between two microsoft services and it sure seems as if it does not.

we have the Same issue.

My colleague is added into the Sharepoint Site as a member

when they log into Power BI Service and attempt to resolve the issue we get this message

FailedtoLogin.JPG

Are we missing something. Should member not be enough on the actual Sharepoint side we are using to store the data sources?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.