Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vojtechsima
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

The credentials provided for the OData source are invalid

Hi,

I have a report that uses Oracle and OData Feed Connectors. I have set everything up on the PBI Desktop and went to publish it.

Once I attempt to Refresh Data, it either immediately returns this error or it's stuck at attempting to Refresh.

I am 100% sure I am using the correct credentials as it works on PBI Desktop.

My On-Premise Gateway has access to the site. And I couldn't find any drop on Firewall. Funny note, If I add this connector as Data Flow it works, however, this is not a useful workaround for this case.

I use the JIRA Service Desk Power BI Pro connector (OData Feed).

Chyba zdroje dat: {"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The credentials provided for the OData source are invalid. (Source at https://servicedesk.homecredit.net/rest/aio-bi/1.0/powerbi/export/MTUxNDhkNzYtMTVlNy00YTdmLWFhZDEtYjc1Y2QxYWM1.)"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind","detail":{"type":1,"value":"OData"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath","detail":{"type":1,"value":"https://servicedesk.homecredit.net/rest/aio-bi/1.0/powerbi/export/MTUxNDhkNzYtMTVlNy00YTdmLWFhZDEtYjc1Y2QxYWM1"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[{\"kind\":\"OData\",\"path\":\"https://servicedesk.homecredit.net/rest/aio-bi/1.0/powerbi/export/MTUxNDhkNzYtMTVlNy00YTdmLWFhZDEtYjc1Y2QxYWM1\"}]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"AccessUnauthorized"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: ALL2_Incident_SLA.
URI clusteru: WABI-EUROPE-NORTH-B-redirect.analysis.windows.net
ID aktivity: b18fedd2-cc5a-4d33-b52b-0536f661e3f6
ID žádosti: 4e705eef-7ce0-452f-a629-8c08e86b08e8
Čas: 2021-04-23 07:26:59Z

6 REPLIES 6
Saikumarkatkuri
Frequent Visitor

Hi @vojtechsima . I am facing same error as you had previously. No luck from past 1 week. Could you help me on this?

Hello, @Saikumarkatkuri 
It got resolved by itself, probably some network issue or something. Unfortunately, I am not sure how exactly but it started working on its own.

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vojtechsima ,

Please kindly refer to

Scheduled refresh OData source - invalid credentials with anonymous verification method

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-stephen-msft Hello, Thanks for the suggestion, however, I don't use this type of API Key Authorization, thus I can't use Anonymous mode. I use "Basic" mode in Data Source Settings.

See my code:

let
    Source = OData.Feed("https://servicedesk.homecredit.net/rest/aio-bi/1.0/powerbi/export/MTUxNDhkNzYtMTVlNy00YTdmLWFhZDEtYjc1Y2QxYWM1", null, [Implementation="2.0"]),
    Issues_table = Source{[Name="Issues",Signature="table"]}[Data]

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vojtechsima ,

When you publish to Power BI Service, did you configure the data source credential successfully in the dataset setting?

Reference: OData refresh problem in Power BI Service

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-stephen-msft I tried but it won't let me because when I click Save and Test Connection I got this error. Either configuring as Data Source (Cluster) or simply providing credentials without creating the Data Source. If I skip the Test connection and then try to refresh the dataset I get this error anyway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.