Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The community

Good morning/day/evening.

I'm beginner to PBi and find/found this platform brilliant, but the answers I get, are sometimes (more often) rather complicated.  It seems that this good people that take their times to answer, suppose that who is asking know more than he/she does (at least in my case).  I find lot of answers, but seldom the answer I need. Is it the platform or my questions?

So my question is.  Do I try to find answers I need in a wrong way or is my questions too simple or too complicated?

Best regards,

Jóhannes Finnur

tel. +00 354 893 8240

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , 

Your learning a new tool so you don't always know exactly what to ask, how to ask, or what to look for. You're trying to find an answer to a very specific problem that is for the most part specific to you, however, chances are there are a ton of people who have encountered the same issue in a different context. There are many times when I've searched the blog looking for an answer that is very specific to my situation and I don't always find the answer that I was looking for. However, I come across different solutions that I end up adapting to my speicific situation. As with anything we learn from our failures. You may end up trying several different variations of a solution before you come across one that works. Hopefully, along the way you learn new techniques that may not be applicable to your situation but chances are you'll end up using those techniques down the road. 

With any new technology you're going to struggle a bit in the begining but things will get easier. But as those things get eaiser your going to be callenged with new requests. Stick with it and you'll soon be teaching users how to use Power BI. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous , 

Your learning a new tool so you don't always know exactly what to ask, how to ask, or what to look for. You're trying to find an answer to a very specific problem that is for the most part specific to you, however, chances are there are a ton of people who have encountered the same issue in a different context. There are many times when I've searched the blog looking for an answer that is very specific to my situation and I don't always find the answer that I was looking for. However, I come across different solutions that I end up adapting to my speicific situation. As with anything we learn from our failures. You may end up trying several different variations of a solution before you come across one that works. Hopefully, along the way you learn new techniques that may not be applicable to your situation but chances are you'll end up using those techniques down the road. 

With any new technology you're going to struggle a bit in the begining but things will get easier. But as those things get eaiser your going to be callenged with new requests. Stick with it and you'll soon be teaching users how to use Power BI. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Imf232s

Thanks for your motivation.

Best regards,

J

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.