Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Johalien
Frequent Visitor

The column " of the table wasn't found

Hi

My source data is from a google sheet. It has not changed in any way - I have been working on it for the last month.

However, suddenly I am getting errors.

Today I re-imported the source and noted that as soon as I remove columns I get the following error:

"The column of the table wasn't found"

It does not matter which column I remove. I will continue to get that error until I added all removed columns back.

Yes, I updated gateway. Yes, I checked the advanced editor. Yes, I checked the types. No, I did not add any customer columns. The ONLY thing causing this error is when I remove a column. I even made sure to make not changes except removing columns (Applied steps shows Source / Navigation / Removed Columns. Am I missing a hidden setting that I might have accidentally activated?

Johalien

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

4 REPLIES 4
agarcia0421

I tried the above and it was not my issue. My issue was i load a weekly excel report and the report was actually missing a column of which had no impact to my dashboard but created a block and failed to load Power BI on the reffresh data. I went to Power uery Editor and then advancd edritor and modified the query by remvoing the missing column in quesiton and all worked and refreshed my dashboard after saving. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an alternative solution to the same issue  (different reason) that might help some users (especially beginners and non-coders). I was having the same issue because somewhere upstream my dataset changed a column header from "REPORT_TYPE" to "Report_type" which was breaking my refresh. Initially, I tried automating a column name change, but tht still didn't work (I didn't want to simply change my source because I would have had to rebuild parts of my dashboard). Finally, I went into "Edit Queries" and used the "Advanced Editor" to find a reference to the all caps version of my header, manually edited the querie, saved and refreshed... just like magic! 

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Johalien,

Are you using custom connectors to connect to google sheet? For troubleshooting, please check if everything is OK if you just delete some values in google sheet.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

I managed to resolve my issue.

Thank you for your assistance 🙂

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Removing-any-columns-causes-errors/m-p/414805#M190415

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.