Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The colors of legends change after saving reports

Hi,

I support Power BI users internally at a company and two of the users recently told me that the colors of lefends within bar graphs change after saving a report and re-opening them.

It happens randamly and I cannot seem to pin-point exactly when or why it happens.

And not all the colors change, some of them remain the same.

Has anyone experience the same issue ?

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The user said that it is not a big deal so I will just close this case.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vsmurli
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

I am experiencing the same thing, and in my situation it is important.

Description of issue:

We have four city locations (in the vizualization's Legend) with corresponding colors:

1. Calgary - Purple

2. Houston - Blue

3. London - Orange

4. Perth - Green

When I build the report in Power BI Desktop, all the City-Color combinations look correct.

When I Publish to Power BI Service, at first the City-Color combinations are correct.

The City-Color combinations seem thrown out of whack if the user applies any filter and logs out and logs back in (<- took me a while to realize it is the filter that is causing the issue.  I still haven't confirmed, but I suspect this is causing the issue.)

Suddenly it looks like this:

1. Calgary - Blue

2. Houston - Purple

3. London - Green

4. Perth - Gray

I'm sending this post right now in case someone else might be able to add input or recommendations.  I hope to come back later with some snapshots.

Best regards.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Did you mean that the users open the pbix that you shared using the Power BI desktop? Based on my test, I cannot reproduce your issue here by using the version 2.63.3272.39861 64-bit (October 2018). Did they use the same version of Power BI destop to open the pbix? Also kindly share the pbix to me to have a test.

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The user said that it is not a big deal so I will just close this case.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.