Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

paalvarez
Regular Visitor

The apostrophe character in a table visual shows as '

These come from text fields used for comments in a SharePoint list. We are summarizing these in the Power BI report.

Is there a way to replace ' with ' on the fly as they appear in the report? Words like can't, won't, shouldn't are used in in comments and they all show as  can't, won'', shouldn't.

I can manually find and replace them, but it would be better if there was a rule of some kind that would do this replace function as they are encountered.  

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@paalvarez , In power query you can do using the menu item on right click has an option

Or use text.replace

Text.Replace(text as nullable text, old as text, new as text) as nullable text

https://www.howtoexcel.org/power-query/bulk-replace-values/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@paalvarez , In power query you can do using the menu item on right click has an option

Or use text.replace

Text.Replace(text as nullable text, old as text, new as text) as nullable text

https://www.howtoexcel.org/power-query/bulk-replace-values/

Thanks to all for the replies.

Amitchandak, this worked. My concern was that when the ' would appear again after the data refresh, and it did not after I did this Replace function. Mission accomplished!

Thanks again

darentengmfs
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @paalvarez 

If I understand this correctly, you can replace them in Power Query. Go to Power Query Editor, click the column you want to replace, and choose Replace Values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.