Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LuisPedro
Frequent Visitor

The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine

I have 3 sources, a folder with Excel files that are combined in Power Query, a separate Excel file and an Access database but they're Excel and Access files. All files have either *.xlsx or *.accdb. Both are Office 365 64bits. I created my Power Bi desktop file and works ok but when I publish it on a Sharepoint site, and I try refreshing the dataset, I get this error. 

Error_PBI.png

I've tried installing both versions of the Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 and 2016 and still get the same error. If I try to publish the Access database as a list on the Sharepoint site, it would take a lot of time since it's updated daily and as of today, it has aproximately 500k registers. All the Excel files in the folder are deleted after 7 days and are replaced with new ones. 

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@amitchandak Thanks for the reply,

I have both 64 bits installed. After reading the link you posted, it says that If I install de 32 bits, It would work?
Microsoft_Access_database_Engine2016.png

Access.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.