Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

The Gateway Installation Failed

Hi,

I tried to update the gateway on  our server and gave me an error.

I uninstalled and tried to re-install but it failed also.

I have updated the .NET to 4.8 because I thought it will sove the problem but it didn't.

I am a little frustrated with this already.

I tried different solutions from threads here but I was unlucky.

Logis here:

LOG ERROR  

2019_11_12_14_28_47_mRemoteNG_confCons.xml_aep1_landesk02.png2019_11_12_14_29_33_mRemoteNG_confCons.xml_aep1_landesk02.png

6 REPLIES 6
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mussaenda ,

It might be caused that you are installing a same or older version of gateway. Please uninstall it, reboot your machine and install the latest version (3000.10.248).

Hope it will solve your issue.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I just tried your suggestion right now.

Unfortunately, it still failed.

I don't know what to do with this anymore. 😞

Hi @mussaenda ,

Did you solve the issue? Can you please share us some messages? How do you solve it? And why it happened? More people who encounter the same issue will benefit here. Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. Kudos are nice too.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xuding-msft 

Currenctly it is not solved.

I created a support ticket and received an assistance from Microsoft Singapore but they did not solve the issue saying that the problem was on my side and not on their side.

The problem they are talking about is the permission on the server.

I have attached a link on my previous message containing my log file.

They aasked me to follow the steps form this link but it didn't work.

I will still share just in case others might need it and might work on their end.

Link: Error During Installation 

As of now, our gateway is installed on my work laptop. 😕

Hi @mussaenda ,

Thanks to share the link to us.

And I'm sorry for the result. Hope someone who encounter the same issue can share a solution here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Hi @mussaenda ,

I think you need to create a support ticket to get a dedicated support. Hope the problem will be fixed quickly.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

Best Regards,
Xue Ding

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.