Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Text zone in background non cliquable

Hi all,

For aesthetic purpose, I'm trying to place text zones in background of my page to frame fitlers. But if the user clic in the text zone (even if it is in background), this one go on top and the filters become unusuable :

Controls not unusable (after clicking on the gray shape by mistake) :

Clicked.PNG

Controls usable :

Non_clicked.PNG

Does someone has an idea about that ?

Many thanks !

7 REPLIES 7
ripstaur
Helper III
Helper III

How do we submit this as an idea? If Power BI is going to replace Tableau, it's going to need to catch up...

dabankman
Frequent Visitor

One way to solve this would be to insert a background image. The below is a down an dirty example. 

The yellow space is an unmovable, unclickable image. Just need to make it the color and size you need it. 

I would actually recommend making the entire background an image file - filled in with the background color you want and with the square or square(s) you need in the perfect position that you want.

While this technique can solve this problem - there are limitations as with any web design that relies on a static non-scalable image. 

Does that make sense?

Test Square.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I already thought about your idea @dabankman, but I'm afraid if you resize the windows or plug it to a higher resolution screen / projector, the shape "hard-coded" in the background image (like in paint) will not fit as desired...

You see my point ?

I absolutely do. Would be a really compelling option as you are describing as well. I hope you find something. You can lock visualizations in place. It would be really cool if you could have layers and lock the layers in place. 

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you get the control again after clicking the visuals? 

What do you mean "Controls"?

I guess the click on the gray shape (background) makes the visuals loss focuses. 

Can you share the file? You can delete almost all the data.

Text_zone_in_background_non_cliquable

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale,

By "Controls" I mean slicers or buttons.

If I loose the filters, the way to find them back is to click on the page background (image for example, outside of the gray shape), then as the shape is in setted as background the filters placed on it become available (clickable).

You're right : click on the gray shape makes the fitlers loss focuses, but worste : they became non-clickable.

Please find attached a PBIX file as example : https://we.tl/4yiGGjlZHz

(I'm not able to attach a file to my reply)

Thanks

F

Hi @Anonymous,

Unforunately, I don't think it's possible to make any given visual "unselectable," so you'll just need to be careful when selecting slicers not to click outside their bounding box.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.