Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

badger123
Resolver I
Resolver I

Text filter plus measure

Hello,

I'm looking for some help with something I'm struggling with. I am using the text filter visual which uses table 2 phrase as the field. I am hoping to display a table visual whereby the items are returned when a phrase contains the query term typed in the search box. E.g. if a user types in phrase1, the table should display item1 and item2 from Table 1 (as I also want to display info from columns 2 and 3 from that table). Is there a way I can achieve this? 

Table 1

itemcolumn2column3
item1  
item2  
item3  

Table 2

termphrasephrase_volume
item1phrase1100
item1phrase2500
item1phrase3300
item2phrase1400
item2phrase5500
item2phrase6600
item3phrase7500
item3phrase8300
item3phrase9400

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you! 🙂 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @badger123,

For your requirement, you could create the relationship between table 1 and table 2 like below.

relationship.PNG

Then when you filter the phrase column in text filter, you should achieve your desired output.

output.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @badger123,

For your requirement, you could create the relationship between table 1 and table 2 like below.

relationship.PNG

Then when you filter the phrase column in text filter, you should achieve your desired output.

output.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Awesome, thanks @v-piga-msft ! 

Quick question, is it possible to exclude the item from showing when the phrase searched is the same as the item? E.g. if item1 was a phrase and it was searched for, then item1 wouldn't appear in the table visual.

Hi @badger123

It seems that you have another  requirement, you'd better create another post so that people who may have the same question can find the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.