Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Text filter for dates

Hello,

I am trying to use the text filter in order to search for a date (I want the user to write the date in and get out the information regarding that specific date). However I don't seem to manage this and I don't know what the issue is. Whenever I try to search fo a date it is not fidning the date, but if I put the dates as a normal filter it works.

Picture 1.PNGPicture 2.PNG

I appreciate any help you could give me!

Thanks

Oscar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you set the datd type of your date column to Text? I can use Text filter to filter table after changing the data type of the column to Text. Also please ensure that you use Power BI Desktop August 2018 version .

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous,

Do you set the datd type of your date column to Text? I can use Text filter to filter table after changing the data type of the column to Text. Also please ensure that you use Power BI Desktop August 2018 version .

1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thank you for your answer and help! This was the solution to do it. I have combined several databases with my own excelfile formatted as date. But after creating a new table with the format of text it made the combination work!

Best Regards

Oscar

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.