Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

adityavighne
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Text count number shows with comma

Hi,

I want to distinctcount of 8999294758_4748747 which is in text format.

now this distinctcount display I want to be separated with comma eg. final count is 3991 so I want 3,991 in this format

when I convert this text to the whole number this gives an error any other solution DAX

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @adityavighne ,

The value of Distinctcount() function should be number. It looks like you used Format function to force thousands separator for the distinct count value, right? 

Please keep the DAX of distinctcount only, at this time, the returned values are numbers. Then select the measure/column then enable Thousands Separator. 

q1.PNG

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply. 

Hi @adityavighne,

If my reply is helpful for you to resolve the issue, would you please mark a helpful reply as an answer so we can close this thread? 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply.

This was not what I want. 

I solved this creating measure of the same column and then using ( , ) formatting for values and it's working.

Thank you!

Regards,

Aditya 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi adityavighne ,

Could you please tell me how you resolved this issue.

Thanks

Preetham

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.