Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rumittal
Employee
Employee

Text box visual with dynamic URL link

Hi,

Is there a way in power bi to have soemthign similar to text box with URL link - but URL link coming from dynamic measure?

I already know that you can place a link in PBI using the "Inser Text Box" option., where youc an ddd static hyperlinks.

I have a measure that generates a dynamic link based on selected value of a filter. I want to put link generated from this measure in text box, or soemthing similar workaround would help ?

Something like below, text with hyperlink coming from a measure

issue.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @rumittal ,

We can use a Shape With action and put a text box above it as a workaround.

6.PNG7.PNG

Text box is used to show the information you want.

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rumittal ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

@v-lid-msftThanks for the awesome suggestion, it really worked for me! 🙂 

Sorry was not in office, hence couldn't respond earlier.

Anonymous
Not applicable

rumittal -

If you are able to row-by-row generate the URL - let's say, for example, that you have a list of IT tickets and for each TicketID you can build the URL to jump to ZenDesk to open said TicketID - then you can simply set the Data Category (in Power BI from the Modeling menu -> Data Category) to Web URL and when you place that field in a table it will provide a clickable link that your users can then click on to pop to a new window and pull up the pertinent information.  You can also optionally choose to turn on the "Web URL Icon" in the format tab so you users get a URL icon instead of the entire URL to click on to jump to the appropriate page.

Here's the Microsoft doc on how to accomplish this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-hyperlinks-in-tables

Hope that helps.

Eric

@Anonymous, Actually what I want is out of these IT tickets, user would select one and I would like to have a single text box/card type of visual where I can show text like "Go to ZenDesk" . 

Clicking on it should lead me to the corresponding URL.

Hi @rumittal ,

We can use a Shape With action and put a text box above it as a workaround.

6.PNG7.PNG

Text box is used to show the information you want.

BTW, pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Hi @v-lid-msft 

I did this, it working with dashboard,  but when I export the report as PDF the URL link disappears, not clickable?!

any other suggestion? 

Thanks 

Anonymous
Not applicable

the example PBIX file link did not work.  Can you make that available again please?

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sure , pbix as attached.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.