Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Reza
Helper II
Helper II

Text box to show selected filter with Live Connection to Multidimensional Cube

Hi everyone,

I am trying to show the selected filter (for e.g. year of selected date filter) on my report to keep it dynamic.

I know it is possible to do that with DAX but this is not an option with using live connection to multidimensional SSAS.

Is there any workaround for users with live connection or we are doomed to use only static labels in our report?

Any help would be appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Reza,

Yes, with live connection to Multidimension Model you can't create any measure so I'm afraid you can't achieve selected values and apply these values as condition in your measure.

However, if you can change Multidimension Model to Tabular Model, you can create measures when using live connection to Tabular Model.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft,

Thanks for your suggestion but unfortunately that is not an option for us.

We use many to many relations in our cube which is not supported in tabular model (The bi-directional cross filtering in tabular model is not actual many to many table configuration).

There is also limitation on multiple relationship between fact tables and date table (There are workaround but are not elegant at all).

So I think Microsoft has to either introduce a solution for Multidimensional SSAS users or just stop live connection for that as with these limitations there is no point using that.

Thanks

Hi Reza,

Thank you very much for your suggestions, I would recommend you to submit your idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com so that the product team can take consideration on this feature.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi @v-yuta-msft

It is already added in ideas

More than a year ago with 1100+ vote and no words from them.

FRUSTRATING if anyone from Power BI team reading this!

Hi Reza,

Do you have a pro account? If you have, you can create a support ticket here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ so that your issue can be responsed to power bi team(PG) straightly.

Best Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.