Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ngalford
Frequent Visitor

Text box on Image - Disappears on Click

Hello - I am working on a report in Desktop and have several images and shapes with a text box on top. In order to see the text box I selected the image/shape and under "format" selected "send to back". However, my issue is that if a user clicks anywhere on the image, the text box disappears and when you hover your mouse or click elsewhere on the image, the text box blinks and you have to click on the side of the report in order to get it back to normal. 

How can I make it so if a user clicks on the image, the text box on top won't disappear?

P.S. I don't want to set an image as the page background because I would like multiple images with text boxes on top on the same report page.

Thanks in advance!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ngalford,

Based on my test, as the desktop is edit view, after we set image/shape and under "format" select "send to back", we need to click on the side of the report to drag the text box on top of a shape. But after we publish the report to Power BI service, “send to back” will make effect in view mode in power bi service.

To work around the issue in desktop, you can expand the size of text box to make it contains the shape/image. As power bi doesn’t support the feature of setting one visual always be back in edit mode. You can submit your idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ngalford,

Based on my test, as the desktop is edit view, after we set image/shape and under "format" select "send to back", we need to click on the side of the report to drag the text box on top of a shape. But after we publish the report to Power BI service, “send to back” will make effect in view mode in power bi service.

To work around the issue in desktop, you can expand the size of text box to make it contains the shape/image. As power bi doesn’t support the feature of setting one visual always be back in edit mode. You can submit your idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com/

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.