Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Yoda_Fart
Regular Visitor

Text & Tooltips from Measure

Hello Power Bi Community!

I have a card (see below) that shows an amount for the remaining year. This was completed by using a Measure.

Yoda_Fart_0-1638380756160.png

Now, I want to use a tooltip to show the text of those 2 items, where the user can hover over the number and see the text associated with that number. For example, in the data source, one number would be in the row with "Hammer" and the other number would be associated with "Nails". The user can hover over the number and see that text.

Here is an example of the data row:

Yoda_Fart_0-1638537125469.png

I have the card that displays the "Quantity" for December using a Measure. But I want a tooltip that displays the name of the "Items" of the month. In this case, when the user hovers over the card they see "Nail", "Hammer".

Thanks for the help!

Thank you! Any help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

See attached.

lbendlin_0-1638566896590.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use CONCATENATEX() to construct the text measure for the tooltip.

Thank you for the reply! 

Would you mind elaborating on how you would use the CONCATENATEX() function? Here is an example of the data row:

Yoda_Fart_0-1638536960948.png

I have the card that displays the "Quantity" for December using a Measure. But I want a tooltip that displays the name of the "Items" of the month. In this case, when the user hovers over the card they see "Nail", "Hammer".

Thanks for the help!

See attached.

lbendlin_0-1638566896590.png

Sorry for the late reply! Thank you Ibendlin!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.