Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

pmurz
Advocate III
Advocate III

Text Search Deprecated - what is its replacement?

I am using Text Search and it tells me in the notice below, that it is being deprecated.   The message does not say what is replacing it.  What should I use instead?   Thank you

Visual is not supported and will be deprecated

This visual is using an Old version of interface be deprecated soon. Please replace this visual with an alternative one from our marketplace.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BamDastard
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

All ( @Anonymous @pmurz @mlucking @motoray ),

MS support just contacted me and confirmed that the Text Filter visual will NOT be deprecated in response to community requests. The deprecation warning will go away within a week.

BamDastard_0-1635437962548.png

EDIT: It looks like they have pulled it from AppSource and the warning has returned. I have reopened my case and reached out to the product team for an update.

View solution in original post

51 REPLIES 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here! Following the post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here. What is the planned deprecation date and what is a proper alternative?

mlucking
Advocate I
Advocate I

following - same issue here when i get the "updated" version, i still get the depricated message. (Also on Oct 2021 version).

Chris65
Frequent Visitor

Same problem here. I got the latest version (oct 64bits)

pmurz
Advocate III
Advocate III

The visual is called "Text Filter" and not "Text Search"

Hi @pmurz 

Download the new version (use below link) and use that:

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA104381309?tab=Overview

If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you for the response.   I went to the link you provided and downloaded the file.    It is "Text Filter" v 1.2.1.  The results are the same.   I welcome any help.  Please see below:

pmurz_1-1634787492733.pngpmurz_2-1634787502626.pngpmurz_3-1634787512028.png

I have the same problem. Following this post!

What is your Power BI Desktop version?

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Version: 2.98.683.0 64-bit (October 2021)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.