Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

caroldavis1220
Regular Visitor

Text Filter by Microsoft in Action is case sensitive

In my report, I have added Text Filter by Microsoft in Action to be able to filter on a message title. I've read documentation and everything says this visual is case insensitive. However, my filter is case sensitive. Searching for "Motor" I get results that include only Motor. If I search for "motor", I get results that show only motor.

I have created a new visual and deleted the old. I have created a new visual and linked it to a different dataset. I have tried using the same visual on a new blank report, all with the same results. 

Should the Text Filter by Microsoft in Action be case insensitive as per the documentation and if so, how do I fix this?

10 REPLIES 10
GaryArthur
Regular Visitor

Maybe because you're in direct query mode. I had the same issue, changed it to Import mode, and in works fine now.

Hope it'll help.

cheers

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @caroldavis1220 

As tested, the "Text Filter" is case onsensitive on my side.

Power bi Desktop Version: 2.76.5678.782 64-bit (December 2019)

Text Filter from marketplace

Capture3.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That's great, however it still doesn't work for me. Can you please suggest how to fix it? I'd include screenshots but I keep getting errors....

Hi @caroldavis1220 

upload picture as below

Capture12.JPG

Or upload pictures on cloud like OneDrive, then share link here to access the pictures.

Make sure you are using the lastest version of Power BI desktop.

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I am running the same version of Power BI Desktop as you. My Text filters are still case sensitive. I have attached screenshots in my previous reply. Can you please tell me how to fix this?

Hi @caroldavis1220 

Sorry for so late to reply you.

The link is invaild.

As tested, it may be problem with data.

In Power query, it is case sensitive.

But in Model view of Power BI, it is case insensitive.

13.JPGCapture14.JPG

You could show your data so i can reproduce your problem.

Best Regards
Maggie

dd

Thanks Maggie. There is a great deal of data, so I have filtered in query editor on Motor and motor so you can see. I'm not sure I understand how the filter can be case insensitive in desktop if the data is case sensitive in query editor. That just doesn't seem to rationalize for me.motor in PBI query editor-uc.jpgmotor in PBI query editor-lc.jpgmotor in PBI desktop-lc.jpgMotor in PBI desktop-uc.jpg

Can you provide an update on this please?

I am using the December 2019 version of PBI Desktop and get the same results with desktop and online

here are screenshots of results for upper case and lower case

Can you please provide me more support on this issue? I am using the latest version of PBI and my text filter is still case sensitive. Screenshots are included in my previous message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.