Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mpalha04
Helper III
Helper III

Text Count to Filter

Hi,

I am looking for a way to filter a text metric I have based on a distinct count. The context is that the filter is the # of orders for every client. Currently, I gather the # of orders based on a created measure that discount counts the transaction ID #, however, I cannot put this new measure in a filter. The transaction ID # is a text. 

The filter should be a between filter. Ex. If I select orders in between 0 to 100, the report will filter for all clients that made 0 to 100 orders. Can someone please help?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@mpalha04,

It is not possible to drag a measure to slicer. But you can drag the above measure to visual level filter of your visual, then set different range in the visual level filter and use it to filter your visual.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@mpalha04,

Please share sample data of your table and post the expected result in table format so that we can test.

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Please see sample data below.

Essentially, I want a filter that distinct counts 'NetSuiteId', but it's in text format. The measure I created to count 'NetSuiteId' cannot be used as a metric in a filter.

TextToCounterFilter.JPG

@mpalha04,

What expected result would you like to get based on the above sample data? What is the DAX for the measure you mention? You can drag the measure to visual level filter and use it to filter your visual.

Regards,
Lydia

I'd like to have a slicer where users can input a range that distinct counts 'NetSuite Id'. 'entity' is a code that represents a customer and 'NetSuite Id' represents an order # related to the customer. So, an input filter for between 2 and 4 orders filters the data to show those customers that have made between 2 to 4 orders. 

The DAX formula I currently use to count the # of orders is below:

# of Orders = IF(LASTDATE('Date Table'[Date])>TODAY(),BLANK(),(DISTINCTCOUNT(vWorkOrder[NetsuiteId])))

However, this measure cannot be used in a filter. I'm guessing PBI doesn't allow for calculated measures to be used as filters. 

@mpalha04,

It is not possible to drag a measure to slicer. But you can drag the above measure to visual level filter of your visual, then set different range in the visual level filter and use it to filter your visual.

Regards,
Lydia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.