Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Text Box That Interacts with dataset

Hello,

I believe i know the answer to this already, but has anyone successfully used a variable text box so that a user can input a multiplier and have the data below interact with the user input?

Example would be, Lets say you have a use case where you want to figure out how many units to sell to cover X number of weeks of forecast.  So end user could say "I want to sell customer 10 weeks of sales" and input "10" into a text box, and have the visual below multiple by that many.  Here is an example in excel;

User is saying they want to sell 10 weeks of inventory for every customer below.  A simple recommendation is spit out below

Swinden_0-1632246634153.png

3 REPLIES 3
Raptor
Helper I
Helper I

@Anonymous: I think there even was a useful video from "Guy in a Cube" on Youtube about this mattern. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to find it right now. In case I find it later on, I will update my post.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Refer to what @amitchandak  said, and then create a measure:

Measure = AVERAGE('Table'[AVG])*Parameter[Parameter Value]

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I think you need to use what if parameter

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-what-if

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.