Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Text Box That Interacts with dataset

Hello,

I believe i know the answer to this already, but has anyone successfully used a variable text box so that a user can input a multiplier and have the data below interact with the user input?

Example would be, Lets say you have a use case where you want to figure out how many units to sell to cover X number of weeks of forecast.  So end user could say "I want to sell customer 10 weeks of sales" and input "10" into a text box, and have the visual below multiple by that many.  Here is an example in excel;

User is saying they want to sell 10 weeks of inventory for every customer below.  A simple recommendation is spit out below

Swinden_0-1632246634153.png

3 REPLIES 3
Raptor
Helper I
Helper I

@Anonymous: I think there even was a useful video from "Guy in a Cube" on Youtube about this mattern. Unfortunately, I do not have the time to find it right now. In case I find it later on, I will update my post.

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Refer to what @amitchandak  said, and then create a measure:

Measure = AVERAGE('Table'[AVG])*Parameter[Parameter Value]

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I think you need to use what if parameter

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-what-if

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.