Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alanhodgson
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Text Box - Changing font color

Hello Everyone,

I created a text box in PBI Desktop from: the Home tab next to the button "New Visual" there is a button for "Text Box". I added some text and want to change the font color, but I can not find the option to change the color. Below is a screenshot of what I'm looking at:

BI13.PNG

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,

Alan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@alanhodgsonYep I also like to use black page background a lot and I really don't like we can't do this!

Depending on how long the Text is don't forget you can also use a Measure and/or concatenate with Format(....

Text Measure NEW.png

However I agree this is an option that should have existed by now!

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
dllfrancelino
Frequent Visitor

Hello all,

I know it's been quite some time but I would like to add a solution to this problem since I was having it and this topic was the first one that showed up - it might help someone else 🙂

My solution to this is to "Create a Shape" on the "Insert tab".

After creating the shape (I always use a rectagle for this), go the "Format" panel to your right and click on "Shape"

Scroll down to the "Style" dropdown list and you will see a "Text" box to insert data.

There you can add whatever text you want, format the background of the shape, format the font color, size and overall positioning.

Thanks for bumping this old topic, because it did indeed help someone else! I've used this exact trick before for changing the background color of a shape, but somehow I couldn't make the connection that I could do the same for conditional font colors. Now I've got a nifty text box that magically appears when certain dates are selected. Cheers!

jr3151006
Helper IV
Helper IV

I cant believe that since 2017 until now, we cannot change 'text box' color

🙄

>>> Hey Microsoft team, are you sleeping???

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found that you can create the text and format it in MS Word and it will keep the formatting when pasted in power bi. Though the fact you can't do this within pbi desktop is disappointing. 

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@alanhodgsonYep I also like to use black page background a lot and I really don't like we can't do this!

Depending on how long the Text is don't forget you can also use a Measure and/or concatenate with Format(....

Text Measure NEW.png

However I agree this is an option that should have existed by now!

Good Luck! Smiley Happy

actually you can!! reading your post I found the solution.. Add a text box... then add the title and add the txt color and the size.. it doesnt make sense.. but works perfectly

simo12447_Eng_0-1681895393943.png

Great answer. 

@Vvelarde and @Sean,

Appreciate the help guys! I found the Idea page here and threw some votes at it.

Thanks,

Alan

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@alanhodgson

In fact I had created an Issue about a similar problem with maps

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/For-a-Map-There-is-NO-Option-to-Change-the-Color-of-the-TEXT-...

There is no option to change the text color of the map TEXT legend color (not the data points)

Vvelarde
Community Champion
Community Champion

@alanhodgson

You can't change the font color.

An alternative is insert the text in the title and change the font color.

Lima - Peru

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.